Monday, March 5, 2012

Fabulous at 50!

I'm not gonna lie - I'm taking this Birthday kinda hard. I remember when my parents turned 50 and I thought that was soooooo old. Well - it's not so old anymore! Come to find out - quite a bit went on 50 years ago that was/is pretty significant (of course, besides the fact that I was born in 1962!) So - did you know...
  •  Folk music was evolving into protest music thanks to young artists like Bob Dylan and the birth of Surfing music by the Beach Boys grew in popularity meanwhile in England The Beatles record the single "Love Me Do".
  • The new hit on TV for that year was "The Beverly Hillbillies" and the first of the James Bond movies "Dr No" was an instant success.
  • The First Wal-Mart discount store is opened by by Sam Walton in Bentonville Arkansas.
  • Oral Polio Vaccine developed by Albert Sabin given to millions of children to combat Polio.
  • Andy Warhol made his famous painting of a can of soup.
  • The Dick Van Dyke show was on TV.
  • Johnny Carson began as presenter for The Tonight Show.
  •  John H. Glenn, Jr., becomes first American to orbit the earth during Friendship 7 orbit.
So I guess 50 isn't so bad (yeah, yeah, keep saying that and it will be so)!



      

    1 comments:

    Post a Comment

     

    Design by Custom Blog Designs